Thursday, July 16, 2015

"I am more than lucky..."

As I sit in front of a blank screen, I am contemplating on what I could write on this new post since I haven't posted here in two years. Today, I was supposed to join my girlfriends and 40,000 others at Del Mar's Opening Day. Unfortunately, I had to go to the ER on Tuesday for abdominal pain which resulted in some strong medication (macrobid). I am pretty bummed because I look forward to this every year. It's one of the few times that I can feel like I'm in the ranks of the Upper East Siders (insert Gossip Girl reference here hehe). Oh well. I did just get back into the country. Oh, but how I have missed glamming up from head to toe?! As soon as I get off of this medication, I am ready to primp myself from head to toe. Being in a third world country, even for such a short period of time, makes you realize how much you are taking for granted. I know now more than ever that, "I am more than lucky. I am blessed."

No comments: