Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Have Hope

Today I had to get a smog check.  I figured I better do it now before I get penalized.  

Something happened today that made me think.  I met a man who opened a door to possible new adventures for us... 4 wheel off roading!  This man, Moose, goes off roading in Borrego Springs regularly.  There's a club/group of them that go together every now and then.  Moose got to talking and said that our Land Rover would be great on a run like this.  I actually thought this would be fun.  I'm just a lil hesitant though bc not sure how the kids would handle it, moreover how I'D handle it!  Haha

But Moose isn't really the purpose of this blog.  It's his coworker whose name I don't remember.  But let's call him Greg.  Moose was saying how Greg likes to go off roading,  Greg interjects saying he has a jeep and a bike but says he can't go on these fun runs because he can't afford it.  Moose continues to say, "Someday you will."  


"Now that we've got this guy as president, I'll never be able to.  I'm stuck in this deadbeat job as a mechanic."  He continues on to say that he can't go back to school.  He just continued on in such a fashion that really got me thinking.  He was very pessimistic.  He honestly felt that there was no hope for him.  

It made me think about how many others feel this way.  How many others truly feel that there is not much else they can do to improve their lifestyle?  That is just really sad to me.  I felt like whatever encouragement I gave, there was no solution to his problems.

I pray for all those people who feel they have no hope.  I hope they find that twinge of motivation to make things happen, make their dreams come true.    


No comments: