Friday, November 28, 2008

Literally Shopping til the break of Dawn

So she said, "You didn't hear it from me, but we're opening at 10p."  Then a thought popped into my head.  I'm going midnight shopping.  I assumed that I was going be there for just a couple of hours.  haha.. that was a joke.  Instead of go @ 10p, I decided to wait for my sister to get off work @ 11p.  

So I am going to share my interesting experience with my list of misconceptions of midnight shopping:
  1. I was not the only one who decided to go.  haha.. what was I thinking?  Traffic was seriously bumper to bumper.  I had NO idea it was going to be this much traffic.  We parked in a dark lot across the shops.  Now talk about safe at midnight.
  2. I just couldn't look at things.  I had to get in line to get IN the store before I could even look around and shop.  Then I had to get in another LINE to pay for it.  Wow, was I misled?
  3. Parents swear we live in Alaska where they thought it was okay to bring their babies and children to midnight shopping.  It isn't winter solstice here in SD, it's two in the morning parents!
  4. Food indulgence.  It was unbelievable to me seeing people eating at the food court.  I mean, we're talking full on meals.  Oh and they had to have FUNNEL CAKE!  I resisted the temptation when I realized it was 3a in the morning.
  5. Patience is a virtue.. for some.  I heard about stories about black friday shopping going array, but I was fortunate enough to not encounter any of those.
With that said, I shall be shopping again.  Amidst the busy-ness, I still had a great time with my sister.  It made for a fun midnight shopping experience.  By the way, I didn't get home till 6a in the morning and I didn't spend over $300!

No comments: