Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bahay (House) Checklist

It's kinda funny that once you get older, your priorities have changed ten-fold!

I sent mahal an email on Feb 25th.

Hi Nee (oooh, long time since I used that on you yeah?!),

From who knows where am I getting all this energy, but I am on a mission to get our house in order.

In random order, these are things that need to be bought...
  • new door locks
  • beveled door
  • alarm for the house (pending thoughts)
  • paint for the fam room
  • motion sensor lights for outside of the house
  • black leather couch
  • re-upholster living room set
  • window treatments for master
  • window treatments for fam room
  • roll out drawers for the pantry
  • new kitchen floor (not white)
  • lower the kitchen counter above the sink
  • new refrigerator filter
  • vacuum bags Eureka Model HP5505
  • duvet for the other comforter
  • get shoe organizers
  • chocolate fountain (*winkwink*)
  • new shower head
  • new shower tile
  • new shower period
  • new tile in the master bath
Things to DIY...
  • get rid of all clothes, shoes and items that we aren't using (IP)
  • clear the garage so at least two cars can park in there
  • organize mail (IP)
  • finish wiring in fam room (IP)
  • paint fam room
  • change the sheets and add a bedskirt
  • cut the wood on the other side of the patio door so it fits perfectly and Kyan won't be able to open it anymore
  • dispose of old, bad batteries
  • bring 1 of the automatic trash cans downstairs
  • do taxes
  • make room for shoe organizers in the garage (I'm thinking of stacking two right on the side of the fridge, by the door and garage opener buttons)
  • clear master bath sink tops
  • clear under sink storage
  • find 24 season 4 disc 1
  • put away Christmas stuff
  • start meal planning (IP)
  • organize master closet (IP)

I know this will be an ongoing list, but having everything listed will help us accomplish each task. Definitely edit as you see fit!~ Can you tell I'm on a roll? I seriously don't know where this motivation is coming from! It's not like I'm nesting.. or am I? haha.. only God knows. And only God can help us! Love you beibyboy!!

Since, 2.25, the bold have been done.. not too bad I guess.. hehe But now, I've thought of more to add to the neverending list. I have come to realize that there will always be something in our "inbox". But that certainly is okay. It's not about who has the most toys at the end anyway. It's about who can put them away neatly.. j/k, I just made that up. haha!

1 comment:

little miss bean said...

our list is never-ending, as well... there is always SOMETHING else to do! mike is the king of taking on new projects... luckily he is super handy! but i get scared everytime he says... "i was thinking..." LOL!