Saturday, March 22, 2008

Remain Hopeful

So sorry for the delay.. I seriously didn't think anyone read my blog.. Haha. Thank you Miss Bean!

And once you've read it, you will have thought, "oh that's all."

Okay, so Tom comes in and tells me that he's got news for me. The first thing I say was, "Is this good or bad?" And he says both. *Sigh* And just when I thought I was in the clear. Last week all notices were sent out so i assumed the latter.

"You're going to be receiving a letter." Yikes, a letter?! Oh this can't be good. Basically, because of my credentials (Mult Sub Clad and Filipino) I will be displaced from my home turf MC, part time. Did I say that right? Anyway, I am most likely going to have to commute next Fall.

Unbelievable though, what the DO is even suggesting. In all honesty, it would be physically impossible to do what they think I should do.

Teach @ MC 60% then go to elementary for 40%, which is incredible to even consider. Tom himself said that he doesn't even know how that's going to work.

So he thought maybe I'd teach @ MC then go to the other high school WV bc they pink slipped the other Filipino Language teacher. I haven't spoken to her but all but 3 from World Language department were let go. So I assumed she, too, was affected. I should contact her. I will.

So my worst case scenerio is that I'd have to commute between 2 high schools and an elementary.. Crazy huh?! But seeing that that is physically impossible, I'm going to assume I will travel between two places in a work day.

Not the ideal situation, but I've done it before between BV and MC. And that was a difference of almost 40m! Yeah, I must have been crazy. And would you believe that a good amount of that year, I didn't have a car and mahal was my personal chauffeur! Itf how much he's sacrificed for me!

Okay so the good news is that I am still 100% full time. And Tom said that everything is contingent on the numbers/enrollment and we all know that that changes throughout the first two weeks of school. So we'll see! I have to remain hopeful that I won't have to commute, but even if I had to, I can't complain. Worse, I could have been out of a job.

1 comment:

little miss bean said...

phew... i am sure that was a lot to absorb and consider when you first heard the news! no wonder you were too tuckered out to type about it! glad you still have a job, though! xoxo