Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Only say the Word and I shall be Healed

It is 3:09a and yes, I am still up.

I'm tired, but I know that if I sleep, it will all just happen again.

The swelling.

I am still having to deal with swelling when I sleep at night. I don't want to sleep because it'll just get back on that dreaded cycle again. I really wish the swelling would go away. The electrocautery back in December really traumatized my tongue, because almost six months later and I am still swelling.

When I was discharged back in October, it took almost two months to get me back to normal.. well, my normal. I was able to speak comfortably, clearly and eat with ease. Then I decided that I should get cauterized because I was bleeding way too much. What I should have done was stay away from the electrocautery and stuck to the old-fashioned cautery on a qtip. And sorry to get graphic, but there were parts under my tongue that would soak up three, sometimes four gauzes. So I was willing and open to give electrocautery a chance.

I was so concerned with becoming anemic again and having to get a third blood transfusion. So I got cauterized, which this time served as a detriment. Well it was bittersweet, so to say. The bleeding stopped. However, the swelling went back to its routine.

I sleep.

My tongue swells.

I wake up swollen.

Swelling decreases as the day moves on.

And the cycle repeats itself.

Frankly, I have gotten very frustrated. I noticed that I am a crabbier person. I don't do anything around the house. I do not have the energy to organize or clean. I know that I am lazy, but this really is pretty ridiculous. There is so much clutter in my house that I can barely stand it, but yet I do nothing. I wish that wasn't so, but my condition is awfully hard to tolerate.

Last week, my AIM away message that I wrote read, "I have to remember to count my blessings." That I certainly need to do because as of right now, I am sitting here upright on my contour cushion in bed, still wishing I didn't have this swelling problem.

But I think about those who are far less fortunate, even sicker than myself, that I really have no right to complain.

Oh dear God, only say the Word and I shall be healed.

3 comments:

little miss bean said...

girrrlllll... that sucks, truly! do you swell even when you sleep in your contour pillow? don't worry about the clutter... worry about you! i know your family will survive the clutter, as long as they have you! xoxo

Ash, Cat, Kyan and Nakia said...

Yes I still swell sleeping upright on my contour pillow :*(.

But Thank you J! That means a ton. You always said the most perfect things at these times!

I was definitely having one of those moments, unfortunately now more often then ever.

I still pray.

Anonymous said...

Im sorry you are so uncomfortable Cat. I'm a night owl....if you need company, Im here....

I'll say a prayer for you. I have been doing alot of that lately.

Hope you can find some confort soon.