Monday, April 14, 2008

"Can't reach it."

Oh my goodness! I just got my first taste of laziness from my son! I seriously could not believe it! I am still laughing just thinking about our conversation last night.

Replay ...

We are in the Master bedroom, watching the "Elmo in Grouchland" dvd and Kyan was thirsty so I told him I was going to go get him some more milk downstairs. It's not a minute and he's yelling for me. Oh my goodness.. Anyway, I return and I hand it to him and he drinks for a couple minutes. He then motions his sippy cup towards me.

"Mommy, hold it."

"Kai, put it in the refridgerator please." Yes, we have a fridge in our Master.

"Hold it Mommy."

"Go ahead, you can walk over to the fridge and put it inside."

"Hold it."

"Kyan, stand up baby and walk to the fridge and put your milk inside there."

"Can't reach it."

Pause. Wha?!!! Are you serious?! Did I hear him right? Did he really just say that?!

"Can't reach it."

This child seriously cracks my up. That is the first time those words, let alone the word "can't" came out of his mouth. Oh - my - goodness!

Seriously, I'm laughing, but I'm not. Because if this is any indication of what life will be like with him growing up.. oh my goodness, we're in trouble! haha.

At any rate, I walked over to the other side of the bed, helped him come off the bed and inched him towards the fridge as I monitored. He did it. He put his milk in the refridgerator.

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Thank you."

O M G!

1 comment:

little miss bean said...

glad i found you, friend... wondered what happened to you!