Thursday, April 17, 2008

Full RIDE

OH - MY - GOODNESS!

I am so excited! I can't even describe how excited I am! I'm also nervous too, but I'm way more excited!

I won a full scholarship to get my Master's Degree!! I applied for it back in March and had to include an essay and letters of recommendations; one from my principal and one from a colleague. I asked more than one colleague because my time frame (a week) was so short and Joyce, Rick, Tram, Gabi, and Elaine so graciously gave up their time to write me one! I am so thankful for their kind words!

Actually, I thought that I didn't get it because they said we were going to be notified by Tax Day. I checked my email all day and nada. So I made the assumption that I wasn't chosen.

Early Thursday morning, two days later, I go to my box only to see an envelope addressed to me from Ashford University. I nearly cried when I opened that letter only to see the words, "CONGRATULATIONS!" WOWOWOWOW! Even more, it said that I and the other recipients, the select few in San Diego County, will be recognized on the baseball field at Padres Teacher's Appreciation Night at Petco Park on May 20th!! I am soooo thrilled and can hardly wait!!

You know, I was going to get my Master's inevitably but now I get a full ride! Thank you to my sweet husband for editing my essay. How blessed am I! Literally!!!

If you all can, come out and have fun with me on May 20th!

3 comments:

little miss bean said...

congratulations, my friend... you must be SO extremely excited! good for you! xoxo

Sweetface Photography said...

omg! Congratulations Cat. That is so amazing. God is good, isn't He?!

Sweetface Photography said...

OMG Cat! That is such amazing news. Congratulations my friend.