Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Virtual Friends

So I've been discovering other blogs online. They're blogs of my online friends. Another world that most of my other friends don't really know about.

When I got engaged with mahal back in 2003, I stumbled upon a wedding planning website www.bridalinsider.com (BI) that had a discussion board (DB) that I regularly I visited and posted. In no time, I had my own wedding journal and blogging my wedding planning journey. I was just chatting to Joan'l (close friend of BI/NI) that I need to print that blog out or transfer it somewhere just so that I have my keepsake.

Anyway, after one marries, you kind of graduate on to the sister website, www.newlyinsider.com (NI). That's of course, if you choose to. There were a lot of brides that I befriended on BI that I wished had moved on to NI, but I suppose after the wedding planning ended so did their venture with BI/NI.

Why did I bring this up? Because some of my online friends decided to leave NI for whatever reasons. I missed seeing them online so I did a search and found out that something happened, some kind of controversy and difference of opinions, to cause them to leave. I didn't think that drama could happen on a DB, but it can. It is a whole other community that I am part of. I found it incredibly interesting that so much can come off of words. But I guess there is less to fear when it is typewritten, emailed, texted, etc. as oppose to being upfront in someone's face.

Regardless, I am still online with NI, just not as much as I was before. I am glad that I get to "see" my other friends on their blogs. I almost think it's better.. hehe.

No comments: